Kovo 28-29 d. Vilniuje vyks penktasis tarptautinis vaikų (g. 2006 ir jaunesni) šachmatų turnyras „Baltijos kelias“.
REGULATIONS of V Vilnius International Children and Youth Chess Festival BALTIJOS KELIAS (THE BALTIC WAY) for the Prizes of the International Chess School
Organizer: Public establishment “Tarptautinis informacijos sklaidos centras”
Purpose of the festival:
Competitions shall be held in order to:
– To promote chess sport among schoolchildren;
– To foster schoolchildren’s occupation, interest in logic games;
– To educate intellect, tenacity and responsibility for decisions;
– To develop the excellence of children and youth in chess playing.
Time and venue: Rapid Chess tournaments will be held in Vilnius at the conference hall of the Crowne Plaza Vilnius, M.K. Čiurlionio str. 84 on 28 – 29 March 2020.
PROGRAM OF THE FESTIVAL
28 March 2020
Arrival Day & Registration 10.00 – 12.00
Opening ceremony 12.30 – 13.00
Round 1 13.00 – 14.30
Round 2 14.30 – 16.00
Round 3 16.00 – 17.30 Round 4 17.30 – 19.00
29 March 2020
Round 5 10.00 – 11.30
Round 6 11.30 – 13.00
Lunch break 13.00 – 14.00
Round 7 14.00 – 15.30
Round 8 15.30 – 17.00
Round 9 17.00 – 18.30
Closing ceremony 19.00
The World’s 13th chess champion, founder of the KASPAROV CHESS FOUNDATION Garry Kasparov will attend the opening and closing ceremony of the tournament.
System of the festival, participants and time control: fours separate tournaments shall be held for children and youth in the following age groups:
- A Group: under 14 years BG14 (born in 2006 and later),
- B Group: under 12 years BG12 (born in 2008 and later),
- C Group: under 10 years BG10 (born in 2010 and later),
- D Group: under 8 years BG08 (born in 2012 and later).
The tournament shall be played according to Swiss system in 9 rounds, time control – 25 min.
for participant to finish a game, with increment of 10 sec. after each move. First round shall be started at 13:00 on 28 March.
FIDE Rapid Chess rules shall apply; results of tournaments shall be presented for rating calculations.
Entry fee: 15 EUR for participant.
Young chess players from various cities and countries are welcome to participate.
Awards for winners and prizemen: participants, who take 1-3 places in each age group (among boys and girls) shall be awarded with medals, diplomas and valuable prizes; winners shall be awarded with cups.
Registration in advance: we kindly ask you to register until 20 March 2020 via e-mail address: email@example.com, specifying participant’s name, surname, date of birth, FIDE ID code, Rpd rating (if applicable) and e-mail address. Arrival to the tournament on March 28, 2020 until 12:00 a.m.
The players who arrive later than 12:00 – participation in the tournament is possible from the second round and the registration fee is doubled.
Recommendations for accommodation in Vilnius: Hotel Europa City Vilnius, address:
- J.Jasinskio14, Vilnius. For booking, you need to contact manager Donatas (email: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel: +37065722188) and indicate that you are participants of the chess tournament Baltic Way 2020.
- Crown Plaza Hotel, address: M.K.Ciurlionio 84, Vilnius. For booking , you need to specify during registration via email@example.com.
Chief Arbiter of the Festival – IA Arvydas Baltrūnas (Panevėžys),
Secretary of the Festival – FA Vaidas Radzickas (Vilnius).